Inkább kisebb szervezeteknek adományozok, mint nagyoknak.
I rather donate to smaller organizations than big ones.
[Rather smaller organizations-for donate-I, than bigs-for.]
Nem csak karácsonykor lehet adományozni, hanem egész évben.
You can not only donate during Christmas time, but throughout the whole year.
[Not just Christmas-at possible to-donate, but whole year-in.]
ad – to give
adományozik – to donate
jótékonykodik – to do charity, to do a charitable act
jótékonykodás – charity
önkénteskedik – to volunteer
szervezet – organization
önzetlen – altruistic
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)