also, colloq. for “Of course!”, “Obviously!”
A jó szervezés mindennek az alapja.
The good organization everything-for the foundation-its.
Good organization is the foundation of everything.
“Találkozunk holnap?” – “Alap!”
“Meet-we tomorrow?” – “Of-course!”
Are we going to meet tomorrow?” – “Of course!”
alapos – thorough, meticulous (literally: foundation-ish, has a foundation)
alapozó – make-up (“foundation”)
alaptalan – unwarranted, baseless, unfounded
bázis – base
megalapozott – founded, justified, reasoned
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)