Szeretek rajzolni, csak ritkán van rá időm.
I like to draw but I rarely have time for it.
[Like-I draw, but rarely exists onto-it time-my.]
Nem vagyok elég kreatív ahhoz, hogy tudjak rajzolni.
I’m not creative enough to draw.
[Not am-I enough creative that-for, that can-should-I draw.]
ceruza – pencil
fest – to paint
firka – doodle, scribble
illusztrál – to illustrate
rajz – drawing
toll – pen (also: feather)
papír – paper
skicc – scetch
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)