Nem minden arany, ami fénylik.
Not everything gold, which shines.
All that glitters is not gold.
A nagymamámnak arany szíve van.
The grandma-my gold heart-hers exists.
My grandma has a heart of gold.
alumínium – aluminium
anyag – material
aranyérem – gold medal
aranyos – cute, sweet
aranyozott – gilded
bronz – bronze
bearanyoz – to gild, fig.: to bring joy
ékszer – jewellery
érem – medal
ezüst – silver
fém – metal
gyűrű – ring
nemesfém – noble metal
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)