Még mindig bánt a veszekedésünk.
Our fight still hurts me.
[Yet always [Still] hurts the fight-ours.]
Ne bántsd a testvéredet!
Stop hurting your sister!
[Not hurt-you(imp.) the sister-your(acc.)!]
bántó – hurtful
sebez – to wound
rosszul esik – to cause a bad / hurtful feeling
sért – to insult / to offend
sértődik – to feel insulted / offended
sértődékeny – to be easily insulted / offended
bántalmaz – to abuse
üt – to hit
ver – to beat
erőszak – violence
megerőszakol – to rape
Not to be confused with:
bán / megbán – to regret
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)