letter (graphic character)
Egy betűt sem írt nekem András Kanadából.
A letter(acc.) neither wrote for-me András Canada-out-of.
András didn’t write me a single letter from Canada.
A gy-betűt elég nehéz kimondani a külföldieknek.
The gy-letter(acc.) quite hard to-out-say the foreigners-for.
The letter “gy” is quite hard to pronounce for foreigners.
ábécé – alphabet
beszél – to speak
hang – sound
ír – to write
kisbetű – lowercase
mondat – sentence
nagybetű – uppercase, capital letter
szó – word
szótag – syllable
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)