Nem szeretném bíróság elé vinni ezt az ügyet.
I don’t want to bring this case in front of a court.
[Not want-I court in-front bring this(acc.) the case.]
A bíróság elítélte a hibázó orvost.
The court convicted the doctor who made a mistake.
[The court convicted the mistake-doing doctor.]
bíró – judge
per – lawsuit
ítél / ítélet – to judge / judgement
elítélt – convicted / condemned
elítélt – convict
ügyvéd – lawyer
börtön – jail
tanú – witness
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)