Many BUSKErs are very proud of what they are doing.
Büszke vagyok rád.
I am proud of you.
[Proud am on-you.]
Amikor visszanézek az életemre, mindig büszkeség tölt el.
I’m filled with pride whenever I look back on my life.
[When back-look-I the life-my-on, always pride fill away.]
büszkeség – pride
Büszkeség és Balítélet – Hungarian title of the novel “Pride and Prejudice” written by Jane Austen
híú – vain (adj.)
gőgös / arrogáns – arrogant
dölyfös – conceited
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)