Dumb, stupid, silly
BUT Actually I am not that stupid.
Olyan buta vagy, de úgy szeretlek.
You’re so stupid but I love you so much.
[So stupid are-you, but so love-you.]
Nincs türelmem a buta emberekhez.
I don’t have the patience for stupid people.
[Not-exist patience-my the stupid people-to.]
hülye & ostoba – synonyms to “buta”, but harsher
okos – smart
intelligens – intelligent
értelmes – reasonable, sensible
bölcs – wise
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)