JAN recommended it.
Ha Budapestre jössz, kérdezz engem, mert rengeteg mindent tudok ajánlani.
If you decide to come to Budapest ask me for recommendations because I know a lot of stuff.
[If Budapest-on come-you, ask-you me, because myriad everything can-I recommend.]
Tudnál nekem ajánlani egy jó fogorvost?
Could you recommend me a good dentist?
[Could-you for-me recommend a good dentist(acc.)?]
ajánl – to recommend
ajánlás – dedication, reference
ajánlat – recommendation, offer, proposal
Not to be confused with:
ajándék – gift, present
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!