Egyszerűen csak élvezni akarom az életet.
I simply want to enjoy life.
[Simply only to-enjoy want-I the life(acc.).]
Jobban élvezem a nyarat, mint a telet.
I enjoy summer more than winter.
[Better enjoy-I-it the summer(acc.), than the winter(acc.).]
To put this “enjoyable” word into context, here is a great contemporary Hungarian song about the art of enjoying life and worrying less. It’s called “élvezd” (“Enjoy!”). In this spirit: Enjoy!
elélvez – to orgasm, to “come”
élvezkedik (valamiben) – to indulge (in sth.)
kiélvez – to savor, to relish
megbecsül – to appreciate
szeret – to like, to love
tetszik – to like sth. (also optically)
Not to be confused with:
elvesz – to take away
elvész – to get lost
élve – alive
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!