to take care, to be attentive
Take care (of yourself)!
A szomszéd vigyáz a kutyámra, amíg nyaralok.
My neighbor takes care of my dog for the time I’m vacationing.
[The neighbor takes-care the dog-my-on, until vacation-I.]
baleset – accident
elővigyázatos – careful, cautious
figyel – to pay attention
megelőz – to prevent
óvatos – another word for careful & cautious
ügyel (valamire) – to be attentive (to sth.)
vigyáz valakire / valamire – to tak care of so. / sth.
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)