We are destroying all the forest on EARTH.
Mit szeretsz jobban: Az erdőt vagy a tengert?
What do you like better: The forests or the sea?
[What(acc.) like-you better: The forest or the sea?]
Egy erdő lehet békés és nyugtató, de hátborzongató is.
A forest can be peaceful and calming, but also eerie.
[A forest can-be peaceful and calming, but back-chilling also.]
mező – meadow
hegy – mountain
fa – tree
madár – bird
levél – leaf
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)