to start, to begin
Holnap elkezdek rendszeresen edzeni.
Tomorrow away-start-I regularly to-train.
Tomorrow I’ll start working out regularly.
Ezt a vitát el se akarom kezdeni.
This(acc.) the discussion(acc.) away neither want-I to-start.
I don’t even want to start this discussion.
eleje – the beginning of sth. specific
elsőre – for a start, for the first time
kezdet – beginning
kezdetleges – rudimentary, at a beginning stage
kezdő – beginner
vég – end
vége – the end of sth. specific
végre – finally, at last
végül – in the end
Not to be confused with:
kezed – your hand
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)