to become less (i.e. to recede, to gradually diminish) to lose weight
Fogy a türelmem.
Recedes the patience-my.
I have less and less patience.
Fogyni akarok, ezért heti háromszor járok futni.
To-lose-weight want-I, therefore weekly thrice go-I-regularly to-run.
I want to lose weight so I go for a run three times a week.
to lose weight:
diéta – diet
egészséges – healthy
egészségtelen – unhealthy
étkezés – nutrition
háj – body fat
kövér – fat (adj.)
tükör – mirror
vékony – thin
szépségideál – beauty standards
to become less:
kevesebb – less
kevés – little (amount)
sok – a lot
tele – full, packed
több – more
üres – empty
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)