Instead of FORDING the river I was bathing in it.
Nyáron egy hideg tóban a legjobb fürödni.
In the summer it’s the best feeling to take a bath in a cold lake.
[Summer-on a cold lake-in the best to-bath.]
Gyere, fürödjünk egyet a Balatonban!
Come on, let’s take a bath in Lake Balaton!
[Come-you, bath-let’s-us one(acc.) the Balaton-in!]
megfürdet – to bath someone
zuhanyzik – to shower
mosakszik – to wash oneself
mosdat – to wash someone else
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)