(baking) heat (only weather-related)
Csak a strandon esik jól egy kis kánikula.
A little of baking heat is nice, but only on the beach.
[Only the beach-on falls good a little baking-heat.]
A kánikula akár veszélyes is lehet, főleg idősebbeknek.
Baking heat can be dangerous, especially for the elderly.
[The baking-heat even dangerous also can-be, especially elderlies-for.]
forróság – synonym to “kánikula” (heat (n.))
fok – degree
nap – sun
naptej / napolaj – sun milk
napernyő – sunshade / parasol
klíma – aircon / AC
Not to be confused with:
kula (vulg.) – shit
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)