Néha nehéz kibírni a nyári hőmérsékletet.
Sometimes it’s hard to take the summer temperature.
[Sometimes hard out-take the summer-y temperature(acc.).]
A negyven fok feletti hőmérséklet elviselhetetlen a városban.
A temperature above 40 degrees is unbearable in the city.
[The forty degree above-y temperature unbearable the city-in.]
hőmérő – thermometer
hő – heat
mérséklet – restraint, modesty, moderation
mér – to measure
fok – degree
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)