A tengerben fürödni sokkal jobb, mint egy medencében.
It’s way better to bathe in the sea than in a pool.
[The sea-in bathe much-with better, than a pool-in.]
Szeretek a medence mellett napozni.
I like to sunbath next to the bool.
[Like-I the pool next-to sunbath.]
kád – bathtub
fürdik – to bathe
víz – water
fürdőruha – bathing suit (women)
bikini – bikini
fürdőnadrág / fürdőgatya – bathing trunks
klór – chlorine
kék – blue
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!