smart, clever, intelligent
Inkább okos vagy jószívű gyereket szeretnél?
Would you rather have a child that’s smart or one that’s good-hearted?
[Rather smart or good-heart-ish child(acc.) would-you-like?]
Az okosság nem egyenlő a sikerrel.
Being smart doesn’t equal being successful.
[The smartness not equal the success-with.]
buta – stupid
értelmes – reasonable, sensible
érzelmi intelligencia – emotional intelligence
furfangos – clever, streetwise
hülye – another (stronger) word for stupid
intelligens – intelligent
rafinált / rafkós – nifty
ügyes – skillful, dexter
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)