Kedvtől függően megyek el holnap síelni.
I’ll go skiing tomorrow depending on my mood.
[Mood-from depending go-I away tomorrow to-ski.]
Nincs ma jókedvem.
My mood is not good today.
[Not-exists today good mood-my.]
jókedv – good mood
jókedvű – cheerful
kedély – temper, state of mind
kedélyes – jovial
rosszkedv – bad mood
rosszkedvű – chippy, ill-tempered
temperamentum – temperament
természet – nature (also of a person)
vices, humoros – funny, humorous
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)