CAN YOU see my tears.
A könyv végére potyogtak a könnyeim.
By the end of the book my tears were falling.
[The book end-on fell the tears-my.]
Az akit te nem érdekelsz nem érdemli meg a könnyeid.
Those who don’t care about you do not deserve your tears.
[That whom you not interest-you not deserves [“meg” in this case serves as an enhancement of “to deserve” – to deserve fully] the tears-yours.]
megkönnyez – to shed a few teardrops over sth.
sír – to cry (but also: the grave)
takony – snot
Not to be confused with:
könnyű – easy
könyv – book
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)