ice skate (n.)
Budapest tele van jobbnál jobb korcsolyapályával.
Budapest is full with great ice skate rinks.
[Budapest full exists better-than better ice-skate-rink-with.]
A korcsolyázás a kedvenc téli sportom.
Ice skating is my favourite winter sport.
[The ice-skating the favourite winter-ish sport-my.]
forralt bor – mulled wine
jéghoki / jégkorong – ice hockey
jégpálya – ice rink
korcsolyapálya – ice skate rink
korcsolyázás – ice skating(n.)
kori – colloq. abbreviation of ice skate
korizás – colloq. abbreviation of ice skating
műkorcsolya – figureskating
téli sport – winter sport
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)