Küldj képeslapot az utazásról!
Send-you(imp.) postcard(acc.) the travel-from!
Send me a postcard from your travels!
Már egy órája elküldtem Andit a boltba, lassan visszajöhetne.
Already an hour-ago away-sent-I Andi(acc.) the store-into, slowly back-come-could.
I sent Andi to the store already an hour ago; it’s time she came back!
csomag – parcel
felad – to mail sth. (also the term for “to give up)
küldemény – something that is being sent – a letter, parcel, etc.
küldetés – assignment, mission
levél – letter
postaláda – mailbox
postás – mailman
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)