Remélem nem fog esni.
Hope-I not will to-rain.
I hope it’s not going to rain.
Reméljük, hogy könnyű lesz a vizsga!
Hope-we(imp.), that easy will-be the exam!
Let’s hope the exam will be easy.
A remény hal meg utoljára. – Hope dies last.
álom – dream
fantázia – phantasy
hiú remény – vain hope
remény – hope (n.)
reménykedik – to nurture hope
reménytelen – hopeless
reményteljes – hopeful
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)