The PADLOCK was on the floor.
Mostanában már senki nem csináltat szőnyegpadlót.
Nowadays nobody would go with a carpeted floor anymore.
[Nowadays already nobody not lets-make carpeted-floor(acc.).]
Az egész padlón ott hevernek a zoknijaim.
My socks are scattered across the whole floor.
[The whole floor-on there lie the socks-my.]
padlót fog – to be aghast about sth. (lit.: to hold the floor)
plafon – ceiling
fal – wall
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!