moment, instant, blink of an eye
Várj egy pillanatot, légyszi!
Wait-you(imp.) a moment(acc.), please!
Wait a moment, please!
Egy pillanatra azt hittem, hogy lekésem a buszt.
A moment-on that thought-I, that miss-I the bus(acc.).
For a moment I thought that I’ll miss the bus.
(szem-)pilla – (eye-)lash
idő – time
időpont – date, point in time
megpillant valamit– to catch sight of sth.
most – now
perc – minute
szempillantás – blink of an eye
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)