Mire visszajövök, legyen rend a szobádban!
Until back-come-I be(imp.) order the room-yours-in!
I want your room to be in order when I come back.
Az okos rendet tart, de a zesni uralkodik a káoszon.
The smart(n.) order keeps, but the genius rules the chaos-on.
A smart person keeps order, but a genius rules over the chaos.
rendes – orderly, in order, but also: nice, likeable
rendőrség – police
rendet rak – to tidy up
rendetlen – messy
takarít – to clean (the house)
káosz – chaos
kaotikus – chaotic
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)