Ne kiabálj, nem vagyok süket!
Please stop yelling, I’m not deaf!
[Not yell-you(imp.), not am-I deaf!]
Süket füleknek beszéltem egy órán keresztül.
I was talking to deaf ears for an hour. (I.e. nobody listened to what I said.)
[Deaf ears-to talked-I an hour-on throughout.]
fül – ear
hallás – the sense of hearing
nagyothalló – a hearing impaired person
hallókészülék – deaf aid
vak – blind
süketnéma – deaf-mute
füldugó – earplugs
fülhallgató – headphones
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!