Néha mindenkinek kell egy kis szerencse.
Everyone needs a bit of luck sometimes.
[Sometimes everybody-for needs a little luck.]
Hiszel a végzetben vagy a szerencsében?
Do you believe in destiny or luck? [i.e. in any of the two; not either-or]
[Believe-you the destiny-in or the luck-in?]
balszerencse, balsors – bad luck, harm
sors – destiny, faith
szerencsére – luckily, fortunately
szerencsétlen – unlucky, unfortunate, but also: clumsy
varázslat – magic
végzet – another word for destiny & faith
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)