Vedd ki az edényből a krumplit, és tedd be a tálba!
Take the potatoes out of the pot and put them into the bowl!
[Take-you(imp.) out the pot-out-of the potato(acc.), and put-you(imp.) in the bowl-in!]
Salátát mindig egy hatalmas salátástálban csinálok.
I always make salad in a giant salad bowl.
[Salad(acc.) always a giant salad-ish-bowl-in make-I.]
tálal – to serve (a dish)
edény – pot
tányér – plate
pohár – glass (for beer, water,…)
csésze – cup, mug
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)