Jövőre tényleg be akarom tartani az újévi fogadalmam.
Next year I really want to keep my new year’s resolution.
[Next-year really in want-I hold the new-year-ish resolution-my..]
– Tényleg dolgoznod kell karácsonykor? // – Tényleg, sajnos.
– Do you really have to work at Christmas? // Yes, unfortunately.
[- Really work-you have-to Christmas-at? // Really, unfortunately.]
biztos – for sure, definitely
elv – theory
elvileg – theoretically
gyakorlatilag – practically, in practice
gyakorlat – practice
igazából – actually
komolyan – seriously
nem igazán – not really
talán – maybe
tény – fact
tuti – another, more colloq. expression for “biztos” (definitely)
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)