I love lake TahOe.
A Velencei-tó Magyarország harmadik legnagyobb természetes tava.
Lake Velence is Hungary’s third largest natural lake.
[The Velence-y-lake Hungary third biggest natural lake-of.]
A Budapesti Feneketlen-tó körül rengeteg városi legenda kering.
Budapest’s Lake Feneketlen is surrounded by plenty of urban legends.
[The Budapest-y Feneketlen-lake around plenty urban-y legend circle.]
víz – water
tenger – sea
folyó – river
pocsolya – puddle
óceán – ocean
hal – fish
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)