SOME of my neighbors are very SAD.
Budapesten az emberek általában nem ismerik a szomszédaikat.
In Budapest, people usually don’t know their neighbors.
[Budapest-on the people usually not know the neighbors-theirs.]
Minden áthallatszik a szomszédaimtól a falon.
Everything from my neighbors rings out through the walls.
[Everything over-rings-out the neighbors-mine-from the wall-on.]
szomszédol – “to go neighboring” i.e. to go over to your neighbors just to chit-chat and gossip.
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)