Mi történik, ha megnyomom ezt a gombot?
What will happen if I push this button?
[What happens, if push-I this the button?]
Ha megtörtént egyszer, meg fog történni másodszor is.
If it happened once, it will happen a second time.
[If happened once, will to-happen secondly as-well.]
esemény – event, occurence
történelem – history
történet – story, tale
történés – another word for event, occurence
Not to be confused with:
törik – to break
török – Turkish
tört – fraction
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)