Nem csak szorgalmas vagy, hanem okos is.
You’re not only diligent but also intelligent.
[Not only diligent are-you, but intelligent as-well.]
A lányom nem valami szorgalmas, amióta serdülőkorban van.
My daughter isn’t really diligent since she entered puberty.
[The daughter-my not some diligent, since puberty-in exists.]
hatékony – efficient
lelkiismeretes – conscientious
lusta – lazy
serény – solicitous
szorgalom – diligence
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)