I don’t think that “AN ALMA” tastes boring.
(ALMA = apple in Hungarian)
Nem bírom végignézni az unalmas filmeket.
I’m not able to watch boring movies until the end.
[Not bear-I until-the-end-watch the boring movies.]
Az élet soha nem unalmas.
Life never gets boring.
[The life never not boring.]
izgalmas – exciting
fárasztó – tiring
uncsi – abbreviation of “unalmas” that is very often used on colloquial language
unatkozik – to be bored
un – to be bored of something specific
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)