Ártatlan vagyok; nem csináltam semmit!
Innocent am-I; not made-I nothing(acc.)!
I’m innocent; I didn’t do anything!
Szerintem azért Orsi se teljesen ártatlan az ügyben.
I-think though Orsi neither completely innocent the case-in.
I think Orsi isn’t completely innocent in the case either.
árt – to hurt, to damage
ártalmas – harmful, detrimental
ártatlanság – innocence
befolyás – influence
bűnös – guilty
hibás – at fault
hibátlan – error-free, flawless
hibázik – to make a mistake
szent – saint
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)