Mindig a fény felé nézz!
Always look towards the light!
[Always the light in-its-direction look-you!]
A Láthatatlan Fény – Hungarian title of the book “All the Light we Cannot See” by Anthony Doerr, which is one of Juli’s favourites 🙂
The Invisible Light
[The see-can-not-able-to (i.e. invisible) light]
tűz – fire
lámpa – lamp
sötét / sötétség – dark / darkness
nappal – daytime
nap – sun
természetes fény – natural light
fénykép – photograph (literally: light-picture)
fényez – to polish (but also: to make something look better as it actually is)
fénylik – to glow
Not to be confused with:
fenyő – fir (tree)
fenyeget – to threaten
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!