Please don’t LEAVE me up in the air. I want to know what’s GOing to happen to me.
A volt pasim levegőnek néz.
I’m nothing but air for my ex boyfriend. (Hungarian saying. To “see someone as air” means to ignore him.)
[The was guy-my air-for looks.]
Kimegyek egy kicsit levegőzni.
I’m going out to breathe some fresh air.
[Out-go-I a little get-some-fresh-air.]
levegőzik – to get some fresh air
az elemek – the four elements
föld – earth
tűz – fire
víz – water
lélegzik – to breath
tüdő – lung
repül – to fly
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)