cool, badass (colloq.)
literally: going (adv.)
Elég menő ez a kabát; jol áll neked!
This jacket is quite cool; it suits you well!
[Quite cool this the jacket; good stands for-you!]
Menő vagy, mert mindig megmondod az őszinte véleményedet.
You’re badass because you always speak your true opinion.
[Badass are-you, because always say-you the honest opinion-yours(acc.).]
elmegy – mediocre, nothing special, not too bad, could be worse (literally: he / she / it goes away)
felkapott – hip, trending
gáz (colloq.) – uncool, awkward (literally: gas)
megy – to go
vagány (colloq.) – another word for cool, badass
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)