corner, heel (of a shoe or boot)
Egy szoba négy sarokból áll.
A room consists of four corners.
[A room four corner-out-of stands.]
A tegnapi buliban letört a cipőm sarka.
My heel broke at yesterday’s party.
[The yesterday-y party-in broke the shoe-my heel-of.]
magassarkú – high heels
cipő – shoe
cipőtalp – shoe sole
szoba – room
fal – wall
plafon – ceiling
padló – floor
pókháló – spiderweb
Not to be confused with:
szarok – I shit / I’m shitting
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)