Nem üvegből van az ablak, hanem műanyagból.
Not glass-out-of is the window, but plastic-out-of.
The window isn’t made of glass but of plastic.
Egy üveg sört szeretnék kérni.
A bottle beer(acc.) like-would-I to-ask.
I’d like to ask for a bottle of beer.
alumínium – aluminium
bögre – mug
kancsó – jar
műanyag – plastic
pohár – glass (for drinking, not the material)
törékeny – fragile
törik – to break
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)