to handle, to validate, to manage, to operate
KOZEL is a beer I can always handle.
Nem tudlak kezelni, amikor ilyen kiszámíthatatlan vagy.
I cannot handle you when you’re behaving so erratically.
[Not can-you-I handle, when so erratic are-you.]
Én kezelem a cégem minden számláját.
I manage all invoices of my company.
[I handle the company-my all invoice-of(acc.).]
Budapesten kezelni kell minden jegyet, különben megbüntetnek az ellenőrök.
In Budapest you have to validate each single ticket, because otherwise the controllers will penalise you.
[Budapest-on validate must all ticket(acc.), otherwise penalise the controllers.]
kéz – hand
lekezel – to treat someone as if they were inferior to you (literally: to “downhandle” someone)
Not to be confused with:
kézzel – with the hands
közel – near, close
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)