A Titanik egy nagyon nyálas film, de nagyon szeretem.
Titanic is a super cheesy movie but I still love it.
[The Titanic a very cheesy movie, but very love-I.]
Jól nézett ki a srác, de túl nyálas volt.
The guy looked good but he was way too cheesy.
[Good looked out the guy, but too cheesy was.]
giccses – corny, tacky, cheesy
ízlés – taste
ízléstelen – tacky, tasteless
nyál – saliva
Not to be confused with:
nyalás – lick (n.)
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)